[vdr] Viasat <sigh>

Is anyone here anyone here using vdr with Viasat?

Viasat just changed their encryption, and I was told that they're "not
allowing" the standalone CAMs anymore.

I guess this means they're not going to make their encryption software
available except embedded in set-top boxes.

Does anyone know if Canal+ is going to go this route in the near future? I
understand that I can still get a Canal+ CAM, but I'm concerned that they'll
pull the same stunt and leave me 1000 SEK worse off. (Not to mention the
price of my vdr box).

- Bud
"The threat of madness is the price of reason" - Susanne Langer