[vdr] Re: Help needed

Norm Dressler wrote:

May 25 09:36:48 godzilla vdr[25890]: found 1 video device
May 25 09:36:48 godzilla vdr[25890]: setting primary device to 1
May 25 09:36:48 godzilla vdr[25890]: device 1 has no MPEG decoder

Everything seems to be ok with the exception of the line that says "no MPEG decoder" but at this point I don't know if this is even a problem. I know this board relies on software to do the decoding.
You need a device to render the video, something to will do the actual MPEG decoding : try the softdevice plugin, of the xine or mplayer plugins. These will provide a way to display the video.
Others might help you better than I do, but you're on the right way with that.

NH