[vdr] Re: [Announce] noad 0.4.2

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 13:22 schrieb Matthias Fechner:
> Hi,
>
> * the Noad <theNoad@SoftHome.net> [22-05-04 17:31]:
> > > automake: configure.ac: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
> >
> > AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is used in line 7 of configure.ac!
> > Please try to change this line to
> > AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE without any parameter
>
> I think you mean AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE here.

No, i mean what i said. Here are the first 10 lines of the configure.ac from
noad-0.4.2:
 1: dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
 2: dnl
 3: dnl Copyright (c) by theNoad <theNoad@SoftHome.net>
 4:
 5: AC_PREREQ(2.57)
 6: AC_INIT(noad, 0.4.2, theNoad@SoftHome.net)
 7: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(dist-bzip2)
 8: AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([cchecklogo.cpp])
 9: AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
10: AC_DEFINE(_GNU_SOURCE, 1, [Define for setting a GNU environment])
I can change line 7 to
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE()
or
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
and line 9 to
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
and all variations work fine with 'autoreconf' and then 'configure'

> I tried some combinations, but nothing will work. I think i can not
> really help here,
> because i never had done something with autoconf and
> automake.

Like me before noad-0.4.0

> But i will help to test some configurations, if you want.
>
> If i change the line to:
> AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE()

no, see above

> i get:
> configure.ac:7: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>       autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>
> Now i changed the line in aclocal.m4, but now i get the errormessage:
> configure.ac: 9: automake requires AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
> automake: configure.ac: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used

Changin aclocal.m4 should not be necessary.

> I think this will not help.

If my tips don't help, i'm also clueless about fixing this problem :-(

> --
> Bye
> Matthias

Bye