From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Emil Naepflein
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 9:21 AM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:15:10 +0200, Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de>
wrote:

Got exactly the riser-card for the EPIA and it works in the Lex-mainboard
flawlessly too, probably its not much magic in their... the bios must

just
assing interrupts to each card and the interrupt lines must be somehow

connected, then it should work. If only one interrupt is connected it

might
work anyway using IRQ-sharing?? (The EPIA-Riser has a lot of

undocumented
Jumper-fields).

I had never luck with sharing interrupts between DVB cards. My server
now runs since more than 3 years with the DVB cards on separate
interrupts without problems.

Another important points for selectings a STB base is the ability to
turn it on by remote control and a working NVRAM wakeup. Otherwise it
would have to run constantly which would cost a lot of money.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index