[vdr] Re: DVD creation with subtitles

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 11:37, Mattias Viberg wrote:
> I don't really understand what you mean, I'm working on a clip which is
> a few seconds long så there isnt any useless part to cut off.
>
> Theres definitly something wrong with the colours though, heres the subs
> before inclusion with the mpg and after extraction from the iso:
>
> http://kramforsfotboll.com/before.png
> http://kramforsfotboll.com/after.bmp
>
> How can this be fixed?
>
> Best Regards,
> Mattias Viberg
>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a problem similar to yours, using the commands below:
> >>
> >> # vdrsync.pl -m panteltje /path/to/recording
> >> # dvbtextsubs -vdr 199 <  /path/to/recording/00*.vdr > subtitles.xml
> #
> >> xml2spumux subtitles.xml > spumux.xml # spumux spumux.xml <
> >> recording.mpg > subtitled.mpg # dvdauthor -o DVD -s en -a en
> >> subtitled.mpg # dvdauthor -o DVD -T
> >> # mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso ./DVD
> >
> > Hi, use version 0.2 of dvbtextsubs or clip off "useless" part
> > of program untill dvbtextsubs version 0.3 finds subtitles
> > pid. You can demonstrate this "feature" by recording a piace
> > from the middle of program/film, then both version work.
> >
> >     Timo

Hi, I did a lot testing with subtitles some months ago, and it is
working now.

Version 0.3 of dvbtextsubs is not working as well as version 0.2, if you
start from the beginning of a film, I do not know why. Try version 0.2,
too. You can find it at http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbtextsubs.

I did have same kind of problems with subtitle colors, too. I had
installed new version of Dvdauthor, but some old version from Mandrake
installation was still there, and it was found before the new one. When
I removed it, I have got subtitle colors correctly. I have now DvdAuthor
version 0.6.10.

       Timo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index