[vdr] Re: vdr and the Euro-sign

On Saturday 04 December 2004 13:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Stefan Taferner wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >>Oh, please no. UTF-8 breaks all kinds of applications.
> >
> > Unfortunately, yes.
> >
> > In an ideal world, where every application would speak UTF-8, it would
> > be great. But its still some way to go I think.
> >
> > --Stefan
>
> In an ideal world we would all speak the same language - which, of course,
> would only need 7-bit ASCII ;-)

Of course ;-D

No, really ... I have to do with Unicode (and therefore UTF-8) at work. Its
useful as you do not have to care about charsets. But its also problematic
as not every app understands it.

Btw, did you know that latest gcc (3.4.x) assumes that the sourcecode is
UTF-8 ? (even the comments). Had some troubles with German comments
the other day...

Maybe a Fedora special - I did not check.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index