[vdr] Re: solved: segment faults from osdtelext plugin (was:Re: Re: Segment faults 43)

I demand that C.Y.M may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that Rainer Zocholl may or may not have written...
>>> After replacing all obviously/known not thread save clib calls with their
>>> thread save counterparts osdteletext now runs!
[snip]
>> I've gone through and recompiled vdr and the plugins which are installed
>> here, based on what you've done. Patches attached (note that vdr-remote
>> didn't need to be patched).

> I have found a few more plugins that require "safe" threading fixes.
> Steamdev, Text2skin, and MP3.  Attached are the following errors after
> poisoning.

> MP3 Plugin:

> player-mp3.c:720:16: attempt to use poisoned "rand"
> make[1]: *** [player-mp3.o] Error 1

That seems trivial. (I wonder if rand() really should be poisoned...)

> Streamdev:

> ccache g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -O2 -c -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -DHAVE_AUTOPID -I../../../include -I../DVB/include -I. -o common.o common.c
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3/cwchar:51,
[snip]

Out-of-order #includes. Move the others before the VDR includes and all
should be well.

> Text2Skin:

> /usr/include/dirent.h:155:23: attempt to use poisoned "readdir"

Same here...

> loader.c:19:31: attempt to use poisoned "readdir"
> make[1]: *** [loader.o] Error 1

Another easy one - go on, fix it ;-)

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   I don't ask for much, just untold riches...

I'd like to, but I promised to help a friend fold road maps.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index