[vdr] Re: VDSB solved, need fix...

I think the switch just does not care, passes satellite signal with every
other signal to DVB card, and on the way out pick-ups the diseqc signals
too. Very much I have no other explanation. These switches are very small
and not very sophisticated.

> > Again, I'm not very familiar with diseqc sequences and if protocol v1
> can do
> > it, I think it should solve the problem. It sounds impossible to control
> > each individual diseqc switch when all switches are listening. It still
> will
> > require separate diseqc config files for each DVB card though, correct?
> >
> > 	--Vlad
>
> Well, apparently they _are_ both always listening.
> Do these switches have any kind of "address" that can be set individually?
> IMHO that would be a first requirement if separate DiSEqC definitions per
> DVB card should even have a chance to work.
>
> At any rate, a "clean" multiswitch setup seems a lot better to me ;-)
>
> Klaus

If those switches got some sort of "address" I have no idea how to find it,
I don't even see any commands that would help to do it. I'm trying to figure
out how to do basic diseqc stuff right now. This table of commands seems to
have an option to read "slave address":
http://www.satlex.de/en/diseqc_technicians-page_5.html
I'm not sure what that is but I would guess its probably current used port
address. If its possible then Id guess we should be able to use third party
diseqc tool to read "addresses" and then set them up for VDR before VDR
starts. I wish there was good diseqc how-to some where.

"clean" multiswitch idea is good but more expensive :) I guess I'll have to
look at it if I won't solve "broken" one. I'm looking through options right
now.

	--Vlad

Home | Main Index | Thread Index