[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.x & NPTL

andreas.schultz@gmail.com(Andreas Schultz)  10.12.04 17:48

>Hi all,

>I've been trying to understand what exactly is not working with vdr
>and NPTL. Searching the maillinglist hasn't revealed anyhing concrete.
>Could anybody provide a link or a short summary of what exactly the
>problems are?

AFAIK there seems to be a problem with reentrance/thread safeness.
NPTL seems to schedule more efficient so it will give
"other" or "faster" timing relations.

I read that after applying the "few" thread safe patches and (mainly)? the
last thread.c by Rolf Nissl NPTL seesm to work.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index