[vdr] Re: Version of 1.3 that works ?

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
luca@ventoso.org(Luca Olivetti)  14.12.04 11:12

Once upon a time "Luca Olivetti " shaped the electrons to say...

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

try 1.3.17 with the thread save patches(you MUST apply them!)

It's not necessary if your glibc is compiled with thread local storage
enabled (as is the case with mandrake 10.0).

That's the -broken- tls lib, or?

In fact I have everything working (including streamdev) with none of these patches

Yes not the slighest doubt that it will work.
As long as the CPU is very slow or very fast or only
one thread is really running.
The timing windows are very smal.

But here it was absoletely reproducible:
osdteletext plugin make vdr segfaulting.
patching osdteletex does not help
but applying thet thread safe patches to vdr helps.
It was very very convincing.
Well, since I have the same processor than you (more or less 100Mhz) and I didn't need the thread safe patches to make osd teletext work (and a boatload of oher plugins, all happily spawning threads), I'd say the difference is in the libraries: my distribution supplies ones that actually work, yours probably doesn't ;-)

Bye

--
Luca

Home | Main Index | Thread Index