[vdr] Re: lirc some progress

On Monday 20 December 2004 11:04, tony wrote:
> I posted this to the international section of vdr portal
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=26793&sid=
>
> It gives details of the progress I have made on lirc.
>
> What troubles me is having a keypress detected then nothing. Any ideas?

Tony,

Does your remote use a different protocol perhaps for VOL+/VOL- ? e.g. a
multi-device remote which might use RC5 for all normal buttons, but perhaps
IrDA for volume (many cable / satellite remotes can be programmed to change
the 'TV' device so the volume control works correctly)

I ask becuase I had the inverse problem recently with LIRC and a simple
lirc_serial  receiver - only the volume buttons worked because they were
progammed for my TV, all other buttons used irDA protocol and hence didn't
work with the lirc_serial receiver.

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index