[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
  Analog (deu)
  Analog (eng)
  Dolby (deu)
While we are at it: one annoying thing in the "old" vdr audio system is,
that vdr enforces languages on me that I cannot understand.

As an example, when a station broadcasts in french and english, vdr
selects french (the first language), while I only understand german
and english.
Of course, I can temporarily switch to english while viewing, but as
soon as I switch to another channel and back, the sound is in french
again. Not even changing channels.conf manually will help, as vdr
will automatically revert my changes.

Of course, I have already informed vdr what languages I understand
(in the EPG setup), so a friendly behaviour that a user would expect,
is

1) to honor this setup also for the default language selection.

   In other words, If I switch to a channel that I have never modified
   manually and this channel provides my primary language, use it.
   If it does not provide my primary language, but it does provide
   my secondary language, use my secondary language, etc.
   Only if it provides none of my preferred languages, fall back to
   the first existising language.

2) keep any changes that I made manually, even after auto-updating
   channel parameters.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index