[vdr] Re: ProjectX requires DISPLAY?

Olaf Titz wrote:
However, you may want to try the -Djava.awt.headless=true  java switch.
It tells java to not look for a display (except if it really wants to
open a window).

Caused by: java.awt.HeadlessException
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:121)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:274)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:401)

So yes, it does want to open a window.
AFAIR this is even in the docs somewhere - ProjectX does not work
headless (unless this has changed recently).

I was able to solve the ProjectX display problem with Xvfb and now I do not have to start X :) I just created an init.d script and have the following:

Xvfb :0 -screen 0 1024x768x16 &

Next I went through all the *.sh files in vdrconvert and changed the following lines:

export DISPLAY=:1.0

export DISPLAY=:0.0

Thanks to everyone for their help on this one..
Regards,
C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index