[vdr] Re: Anyone using MediaMVP (plugin)

Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:
Hi,
Hi,

I am intrigued by the idea of using the Hauppauge MediaMVP as a client to my VDR system.

Especially, is it possible to
* view stored recordings
yes, including pause, FFW and REW. 16:9 does not work - it plays fullscreen with cutting the left and right border of the video instead of scaling it to a letterboxed 4:3 - a pity if you have recordings from ARD or ZDF.
And AC3 still does not seem to have been implemented although there is a mod for the MediaMVP (have a look at the forum at http://www.shspvr.com)

* view live TV
yes

* change channels
yes, but you have a switch time of around 3-5 seconds :-(

* add times
no, you are not able to edit timers, edit channels or edit recordings

Any and all (un)successful use stories are greatly appreciated.
First, live-tv did not work without interruptions, and one of the tips the developer gave me was to send pings in the background to from VDR to the MediaMVP - voila, all problems were gone. But finally, if you have problems or not mainly seems to depend on the network card you use.

With kind regards

Joerg Knitter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index