[vdr] Re: [OT] HTML token in EPG texts?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> during the last days I've seen HTML tokens like "ß" or "ä" in
>> german EPG texts (on Eurosport and ZDF IIRC). Does anybody know if this
>> something new that EPG parsers should support or just a kind of brain
>> fart in/of the EPG generators/writers?
>
>I assume the latter - there's no HTML defined in EPG.
>I guess they are getting the data from some XML database
>and just haven't converted it correctly.

EPG seems to be something the the providers have great problems in getting
correct. Our networks here have been providing  EPG data (wrong
fields used) for as long as I've used VDR (over two years). The idea of
EPG is so simple, but maybe they have to adjust the data to fit crappy
old DVB boxes that can't handle correct data, hard to tell...

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat

Home | Main Index | Thread Index