[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18, language selection weirdness.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Luca Olivetti wrote:

I selected in the dvb options these languages:

1.Italiano
2.Català
3.Español
4.Français
5.English

Then I tuned to EuroNews at 13.E

EuroNews;GlobeCast:12597:vC34:S13.0E:27500:2221:2234=ita,2235=esl,2231=fra,2232=eng,2233=deu,2236=por,2237=rus,2238:768:0:8211:318:9400:0

Correctly I hear italian, and the audio menu allows me to select spanish as language 2.

Then I changed the dvb options this way (just to test the algorithm):

1.Deutsch
2.Français
3.Español
4.Italiano
5.English

Now if I tune EuroNews there's no sound at all (even if that channel provides a german track), and the audio menu selects 1 as italian and 2 as spanish (i.e. the same order they're in channels.conf -- note that this ordering is due to the preferred audio patch that I had in vdr 1.3.17 and previous versions).
I'd expect that, with these settings, it should automatically tune the German audio and allow me to switch to the french one, regardless of the order of the languages in channels.conf

I tried as you have described, but everything worked just fine here.
I explicitly have taken the channels.conf line as stated by you, and have
turned off updating channel data. With both of the "Audio language"
setups you gave I get the expected result.

Is there anything else I need to do in order to reproduce the problem?
In transfer mode (since I'm using a dxr3)?
I though that it is possible that vdr actually selects german, but since it is track 5 it isn't available in transfer mode.

Bye

--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -