[vdr] Re: vdr 1.3.18 cCondWait::SleepMs

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 15:07 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

All that needs to be done is to wait a little while at this point,
making sure the time slice will be given up. It doesn't really matter
whether we wait 1, 2 or 3 milliseconds - even 10 would be ok here.

I'll change the time to 3ms, which, according to what I've seen in other
postings, should not cause a busy wait.

Dunno if related or not, but 1.3.18 never returns from pause mode for
me, nor in time shifting or when watching recordings.  It just consumes
100% CPU and "killall -9 vdr" is the only way out.  While time shifting,
the recording continues in the background so it's not completely hung
though.  Bumping that SleepMs to 3 or removing the SleepMs altogether
does not have any effect.
Could you insert some debug output to find out where exactly it is
hanging when that happens?

I don't remember seeing this problem in any < 1.3.18 versions.  This is
Fedora Core 3, one budget card, and DXR3 output.  I already downgraded
to threading-patched 1.3.17, which works actually pretty well here.
Version 1.3.18 runs very stable here (kernel 2.4.20, just in case...).

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index