[vdr] Re: Default video dir

Stefan Lucke wrote:
On Samstag, 15. Januar 2005 19:14, Lauri Tischler wrote:

Assume I have good old Linuxbox that I want to use as VDR,
it has one disk, size 20GB, no room for recordings,
so I make directory as /var/video
Also make directory /video and link it to /var/video or
direct VDR directly to /var/video

Then I add some physical disks and mount them as
/var/video/dsk1
/var/video/dsk2
/var/video/dsk3

Adding disks is ok, but why in that way ? Use lvm (one mount point)
and extend the the logical volume as you need.
I have Debian sarge, maybe I need to look into lvm,
generally I dont trust soft-raids or lvms,
unless they are mirrored over different channels or
controllers.
What happens if one of your lvm disks crashes ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index