drivers  hda  hdc  ide0  ide1  sis

# cat /proc/ide/sis

SiS 5513 Ultra 66 chipset
--------------- Primary Channel ----------------
Secondary Channel -------------Channel Status: On
                         On
Operation Mode: Compatible
Compatible
Cable Type:     80 pins                          80
pins
Prefetch Count: 512                              512
Drive 0:        Postwrite Enabled
Postwrite Enabled
                Prefetch  Enabled
Prefetch  Enabled
                UDMA Disabled                    UDMA
Enabled
                UDMA Cycle Time    Reserved      UDMA
Cycle Time    2 CLK
                Data Active Time   3 PCICLK      Data
Active Time   3 PCICLK
                Data Recovery Time 1 PCICLK      Data
Recovery Time 1 PCICLK
Drive 1:        Postwrite Disabled
Postwrite Disabled
                Prefetch  Disabled
Prefetch  Disabled
                UDMA Disabled                    UDMA
Disabled
                UDMA Cycle Time    Reserved      UDMA
Cycle Time    Reserved
                Data Active Time   8 PCICLK      Data
Active Time   8 PCICLK
                Data Recovery Time 12 PCICLK     Data
Recovery Time 12 PCICLK

--- "HGM.bg (GMX)" <vdr.hgm.bg@gmx.net> wrote:

> Ryan Mak wrote:
>
> > the 80 pin cable that came with the drive.
> > my mobo supposively supports UDMA66 and I have an
> older drive as a
> > master on the primary IDE and this drive as a
> master on the secondary
> > IDE.
>
> Please look at /proc/ide that you're kernel is using
> the correct driver
> too. I had the problem with a via-chipset, that
> everything is working
> with the standard drivers but with a poor
> performance. Then i enabled
> the correct driver in the kernel, i got a real
> boost.
> Device Drivers->ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
>
> Just my 2 Cents ... :)
>
> /hgm.bg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index