[vdr] on-the-fly encoding plugin or script helper ?

Hi,

been a long time since i used my dvb cards on linux..
i was planning on testing a few things with an old ss1 i don't use anymore, along with the latest vdr version.

So my goal is to setup a sat tv streaming environement where vdr would be the sat receiver / media manager / stream server.
my first step will be to stream pes mpeg2 feeds into my xbox media player (xbmc) but that will probably be a peace of cake and i don't really need any advices for it.

Then i'd like to resume a "challenge" i started but never really completed, a few years back, which was to encode sat streams on-the-fly to reduce them using a more performant codec, like xvid or mpeg4 and then stream that over a broadband internet connexion to another place..

so i'd like to know if there's ever been such a dev as a vdr plugin maybe or if someone knows of some project using external processing like transcode or something that would be available for test/study..

thx

Marc
webdev@chaosmedia.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index