[vdr] Re: newbie problem

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 22:08, tony wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 February 2005 18:41, tasos wrote:
> > > Shouldn’t vdr have a gui ?
> >
> > Only on tv-out, so connect a tv set to your skystar1. Or start xawtv,
> > tvtime, kvdr, etc. to watch on your monitor via the v4l interface.
>
> You forgot vdr-xine!!! =:-D

Oh sorry ;-) Not to mention vdr-softdevice and vdr-softmpeg :-) But IHMO a
software decoder is a waste of clock cycles for a full featured card like the
skystar1.

> Seriously this stumped me too for about 2 hours when I first installed.

Me too. What about a remainder patch or plugin? Something like:
"If you are waiting for a GUI, you'll have three possibilities:
- connect a tv-set to your full featured card
- start your favorite v4l-application like tvtime of xawtvc
- use a software based output plugin like vdr-xine or vdr-softdevice"

> Tony

Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index