[vdr] Re: DD AC3 and 1.3.19 broken?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 06:41:14PM +0200, Per Mellander wrote:
> Werner!
>
> You mention that you haven't found any way to set the 'non-audio' bit within
> the av7110. What I'm curious to know is why my reciever, when fed with a
> DD2.0-stream from vdr-1.3.20, apparently detects the DD2.0 but gives no sound
> at all. If I try to replay a DD5.1 (recorded under 1.3.19), the video is
> stuttering or replayed with wrong speed ( faster ).
>
> Do you know if the non-audio bit _should_ be the only way that the recieving
> end detects non-PCM data.

Don't know if it _should_ be the only way.  It is a matter of fact
that there are many AV receivers which are able to detect a non
audio PCM data stream within a S/P-DIF transport stream even if
the non-audio status bit in the S/P-DIF transport stream is
_not_ set.

But it looke like your receiver is able to detect some of the
data within the S/P-DIF transport stream (maybe caused by the
category code status bits which are used in the S/P-DIF transport
stream) but without the non-audio status bit it fails.

> Maybe my reciever detects the DD-data but gets confused when non audio=0 ??
>
> It's funny that my reciever does not just pass on the data to the PCM-
> decoding circuitry instead. ( Because of the lack of 'non-audio'=1 ) In this
> case there would obviously be a lot of 'crackle 'n pop' in my speakers.
>
> I haven't been able to find any document concerning IEC61937 nor IEC60908.
> Does anybody have a link to these documents?

You've to pay a lot of feed to get an official copy of those
documents.  AFAIK there is no official not un-offical
copy available.

           Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/