[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

christian jacobsen wrote:
Hallo Klaus,

C.Y.M wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

christian jacobsen wrote:

@Klaus: yes I know you "hate" unnecessary options ;) but
this one would

really be nice as everyone could find the best setting
for them selves.

Does your DVB card have 2MB or 4MB SDRAM?

In case it's a 2MB card, which value would you need in
VDR/transfer.c in

if (ringBuffer->Available() < 3 * KILOBYTE(192) / 2)

instead of the default '192'?

Maybe VDR could automatically switch between these two
values, depending

on whether a 2MB or a 4MB card is present.

Yes, that could be a possible solution, but it would be a lot easier to
test if I did not have to recompile everytime I chose other values ;) Could any one please do that programming for me ? and I will then test
this.
Come on, where's the problem with simply changing a number in the
source code and recompiling?

Do you want to solve this problem or not?

Taking this into consideration, is the DD/AC3 in vdr-1.3.20
currently
optimized for 2MB or 4MB FF cards?
With 192 it works fine here on my 4MB card.

At the moment I have got a 2MB Card as primary and have just send my
second FF-DVB-s away (wolfsoft) for a 4MB upgrade. Therfore at the
moment I have a Nova-s as second card.

So if that is the place to change things I will try that if I find time
(or somone programming the setup option) before my 4MB card arrives.
There won't be such a setup option!
If a higher value helps for 2MB cards, I'll make it use that value
automatically. This buffer is just a workaround, anyway, and I don't
want to manifest it with yet another setup option.

I presume I have to change 192 to a higher value.
Yes.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index