[vdr] Re: choosing a FF card

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 15:12, Ian Molton wrote:
> Per Mellander wrote:
> > Concerning iScan in my previous posting, please have a look at:
> >
> > http://www.ivojo.co.uk/scalers.htm
>
> You must be joking! those things cost 9 times more than my TV did...
>
> Im sure they're very nice, but I was looking for a solution in the
> ~20-40ukp sort of range max.
>
> Im shocked that getting a decent interlaced picture out of PC hardware
> is so darned difficult... If I had only known back when I started this
> project...

If you have a suitable VGA card that can actually output 15kHz interlaced, it
is quite easy to build a very simple circuit so you can connect VGA -> RGB
SCART input. No convertors, no scanning, no nonsense - your VGA card will be
driving the guns in your TV set directly.

http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

I know you said you have only composite input, but RGB will provide by far the
best image... rather than mess about with composite, I'd save your money for
a few months and buy a new telly :)

I *love* the 'simple advice' at the end of that URL "Apparently, some hardware
doesn't support interlaced mode. If you have sync problems, check the sync
signal with an oscilloscope. " Hang on I'll just fish my scope out....
haha :)

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index