[vdr] Re: choosing a FF card

spyro@f2s.com(Ian Molton)  09.02.05 15:12

>Per Mellander wrote:

>> Concerning iScan in my previous posting, please have a look at:
>>
>> http://www.ivojo.co.uk/scalers.htm

>You must be joking! those things cost 9 times more than my TV did...

>Im sure they're very nice, but I was looking for a solution in the
>~20-40ukp sort of range max.

Your question was quoted away, so i assume your problem is,
that you want to convert Hiresolution VGA to High Quality TV(RGB)?

There are much cheaper devices with quite good quality
for approx. 80/100 Euro, for example by "Trust" called "TeleViewer V2".

Input: upto 1024x768 VGA
Output: SCART,S-Video, Cloposite In several Formats
(Ideal a cheap test equiment for generating all favours of PAL/NTSC)

Or TeleViewer 1610 RC
Input: 1600x1200

Those devices are intended for "presentations" so the Signal
Quality is quite good. (Don't be irretated by the funny, unprofessinal
looking mouse like cases "Trust" uses. The internal technique is OK ;-)).

(http://www.trust.com/products/productgrp.aspx?grp=VIDPRO)

>Im shocked that getting a decent interlaced picture out of PC hardware
>is so darned difficult... If I had only known back when I started this
>project...

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //