[vdr] Re: vdr with multiple outputs

On Thursday 10 February 2005 16:17, Leo Márquez wrote:
> Hi all!,
>
> I'm interested in configure VDR to have two indenpendent video/audio
> outputs.

> Can I do this with only running one vdr instance?

The easy answer is no. The more tricky answer is 'maybe'...

If you run a second VDR on the same machine, but instead of letting it access
the DVB cards directly, run the streamdev-client plugin, and then run the
streamdev-server plugin on the first instance... that should provide you with
some kind of a solution :)

I doubt it will be terribly elegant (or possibly reliable...) :)

> Is possible run VDR with two video and audio output from diferents devices?

VDR itself is presently designed for a single TV output. I have no idea what
plans Klaus has in this department, since it would doubltess require major
code changes..

> I have readed that the vdr ac3 bitstream plugin sends the ac3 audio
> throught the SPDIF out of a alsa compatible soundcard.
> Is possible to send the sound throught a soundcard or motherboard
> SPDIF(EPIA M for example) and nexus-s output at same time or I need two
> vdr instances?

I would try to walk before you running :)

gdh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index