[vdr] Re: VDR-1.3.19 : DD-Audio stuttering when switching between Pro7 and Sat1

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:33:17 +0100, Dr. Werner Fink wrote
> > Ok! And my friend got vdr-1.3.20 working with DD5.1 today so there's
probably
> > as said before - that the DD2.0 seems broken.
> >
> > I tried with 1.3.14 + AC3overDVB-patch and my reciever behaves exactly as
> > with 1.3.20, so apparently my reciever is a no go.
>
> To solve this problem I'd like to get 30 seconds of a recording
> with DD2.0 from that channel.  But ensure that there is _really_
> a DD2.0 audio stream included.  A few days before I've got two
> examples from an other user without any DD2.0 audio stream therein.
> And it is clear that a not existing DD audio stream can not
> replayed :^))

Don't think that DD2.0 is broken anymore (at all) :) The fact is that my
friends vdr-1.3.20 with CVS-drivers from 20050210, DVB-T FF connected to Sony
STR-DB925 works with DD2.0 from SVT ( swedish television ). The DD5.1 is
working with DVD-material in that setup. No television in DD5.1 was reachable
during testing.

My own setup ( same software ) still only _detects_ DD2.0/DD5.1

> > If there's no Live support, why can I switch between PCM and DD pids at
all,
> > or what am I missing. Sorry for beeing such a dork, but all I want is to
help
> > and to get things working.
>
> Hmm ... IMHO the transfer mode used by VDR 1.3.20 is not Live but simply
> a few seconds behind the time at which the data was received.  In other
> words it is just like replaying from the memory ringbuffer which is
> refilled Live :^)

Ok! I see what you mean.

> Btw: Even Live is not Live on a DVB-s, this because to/from satellite
> takes time and the decoder also reqires a few tenth of a second.

Well, not even Life is Live then. It take's a few uS to take the input from
eyes/ears etc. and process them in the brain. :D

Home | Main Index | Thread Index