[linux-dvb] nova-t 500 progress?

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:03:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

can someone list what has been tried to avoid this disconnection behaviour?
I don't think that relying on hacks would be the right way, maybe
document what has been done to debug that issue on the wiki, so that
if someone wants to join debugging knows where he has to start.

I'd have a few ideas about debugging but I'm not sure if someone else
already tried it.
* it works in windows? if yes -> get a protocol dump with usbsnoop,
add some debug which makes it easily to compare what the linux driver
does and compare the difference. This is the easiest way if someone
wants to work on it and if the specs aren't available, although
windows should nearly use a similar approach.

Markus

On 5/17/07, Richard Morris <richard at tannery.co.uk> wrote:

> >Hi,
> >   It seems a great idea to me! Would you mind to share it? I'm quite a
> noob in Linux and I'd be interested in having such a tool to perform
> automatic >restarts of mythtv :D.
>
> Eduard,
>
> I use 2 of the Nova-T 500's with MythTV, I get about 4 disconnects a day
> that either fill up the event log with messages like:
>
> May 17 10:01:00 athlon mt2060 I2C read failed
>
> and/or crash MythTV.
>
> I run the following as a cron job every minute to restart MythTV which also
> causes the card to reconnect again; presumably when MythTV is restarted it
> closes whatever streams it was trying to read from the device.
>
> if tail /var/log/messages | grep  -E '^[A-Z][a-z]{2}[ ]{1,2}[0-9]{1,2}[
> ][0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}[ ][a-z]+[ ]mt2060 I2C read failed'  ; then
> /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart ; fi ; if ! ps -A | grep mythbackend >>
> /dev/null ; then /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart ; fi
>
> Regards
>
> Richard Morris

Markus Rechberger