[linux-dvb] skystar2 rev 2.8a - no drivers for frontend found

Ali H.M. Hoseini alihmh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:14:28 CET 2008

On 3/19/08, john bolan <bolanster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is any possibility for a driver for the
> skystar2 rev 2.8a in the near future - I bought one of these cards only to
> find out there are no drivers for it (the joke is I bought the skystar
> card specifically bcs I'd read it worked well under linux, ha ha). From what
> I understand the manufacturers have not been forthcoming with
> the information required to develop the drivers since rev 2.6. I've
> emailed Technisat with a request but have thus far not recieved a response,
> and I'm just deciding on whether I need to buy a new card ... any info would
> be greatly appreciated!
>

> John Bolan

Hi,
I've the same problem. I asked Technisat and they said that the problem is
from Conexant, who manufactures SkyStar 2.8A front end chipset (cx24113 /
cx24123) . The Conexant has NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) which prohibits
developing of open source drivers.

I asked Patrick Boettcher who is maintaing SkyStar drivers for linuxtv, and
he said it may be solved. You could also ask him yourself, and I think we
could force Conexant to give away about linux driver, by mailing them.

J. Jikman