[vdr] [RFC] Eliminating the 'summary' field of timers (update)
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Feb 21 23:00:10 CET 2006
Here's an updated version of the draft for eliminating the
'summary' field of timers:
- The 'summary' field in the timer definition becomes a pure
string parameter, into which (external) applications can
write whatever they like. VDR will read and write it, but
otherwise won't do anything with it. The name of this field
will be changed to 'aux'.
- The description of a recording is taken exclusively from its
related EPG data. If an application wants to use a different
description it will have to set it with SVDRP/PUTE and use
table ID 0x00, so that it won't be overwritten (as a side effect,
however, this will also disable VPS for such an event).
An added bonus of this method is be that not only the
'description' can be set, but also 'title' and 'short text'.
- The upper 16 bit of the timer's 'flag' field are no longer
given any special treatment, and also shouldn't be used.
Only the flags defined in vdr.5 shall be used.
- The new flag tfModified = 0x8000 will be _set_ whenever the
user modifies a timer via the "Edit timer" menu after the
timer has been created.
- The cEvent::eventID is changed to u_int32_t so that fake
event ids won't collide with real ones (by using values
greater than 0xFFFF).
- The 'E' record of the recording's EPG data will also be
written into 'info.vdr'.
- A new record in 'info.vdr' will hold the 'aux' string of the
timer that created this recording. The tag character for this
record will be '@'.
If we can agree on these changes before next weekend, I will
incorporate them into the upcoming version 1.4.
More information about the vdr