[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR maintenance patch 1.4.1-1
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jun 18 11:06:25 CEST 2006
VDR maintenance patch 1.4.1-1 is now available at
This is a 'diff' against the official version 1.4.1.
Small fixes to the officially released VDR versions will be first
made available as "maintenance patches" in the Developer directory,
so that they can be reviewed and tested before a new official
release is published.
So please apply the above patch to the original VDR version 1.4.1 and
report whether it works (or if it causes any new problems).
This version is binary compatible to the previous version, so plugins
don't need to be recompiled.
The changes since version 1.4.1:
- Added "-fPIC" to the compiler options in Make.config.template when compiling
plugins (thanks to Udo Richter). If you use your own Make.config file, you may
want to add these lines there, too.
- Added some comment to cDevice::GetDevice() to explain how the individual
conditions are put together to make a decision on which device to use.
- Updated 'S13E' in 'sources.conf' (thanks to Antti Hartikainen).
- Now making sure VPS timers don't get stuck with outdated events, and that the
actual device isn't used for updating a VPS timer's event as long as other
free devices are available.
- Modified rcu.c to better handle RC5 codes.
- Added a missing variable initialization in cRingBufferLinear::cRingBufferLinear()
(thanks to Prakash Punnoor).
- Fixed handling relative link targets in the ReadLink() function (reported by
- Now making sure a VPS timer has a schedule in case the epg.data file didn't
contain one when VDR was started.
More information about the vdr