[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.1
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 25 15:25:28 CET 2007
VDR developer version 1.5.1 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.0:
- Added cDevice::HasCi() so that devices with Common Interface can be avoided
when tuning to an FTA channel, thus preserving the CAM resources even on budget
DVB cards (suggested by Petri Helin).
- Fixed i18n characters for the Hungarian texts (thanks to Thomas Günther).
- Now using cPipe instead of popen() in cCommand::Execute() to avoid problems
with open file handles when starting background commands (thanks to Reinhard
- Removed 'assert(0)' from cDvbSpuDecoder::setTime() (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Fixed a possible crash when loading an invalid XPM file (thanks to Martin Wache).
- Updated satellite names in 'sources.conf' (thanks to Thilo Wunderlich).
- Adapted 'libsi' to DVB-S2 (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Fixed handling error status in cDvbTuner::GetFrontendStatus() (thanks to
- Shutdown handling has been rewritten (thanks to Udo Richter).
- Plugins can now implement the new function WakeupTime() to request VDR to wake
up at a particular time (thanks to Udo Richter).
- The HUP signal now forces a restart of VDR (thanks to Udo Richter).
- cThread::EmergencyExit() has been replaced by ShutdownHandler.RequestEmergencyExit().
- Several references to "button" in a remote control context have been changed
to "key" (based on a report from Marko Mäkelä regarding the "Menu button closes"
text). The "MenuButtonCloses" parameter in 'setup.conf' has therefore been
renamed to "MenuKeyCloses", accordingly. This will result in an "unknown config
parameter: MenuButtonCloses" error message in the log file, so you may want to
remove that entry from your 'setup.conf' file.
- Simplified the error handling in cDvbTuner::GetFrontendStatus() (based on a
discussion with Reinhard Nissl).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Increased the maximum number of DVB devices to 8 (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The new Setup parameter "Channel entry timeout" can be used to customize the time
since the last keypress until a numerically entered channel number is considered
complete, and the channel is switched (suggested by Helmut Auer). Setting this
parameter to 0 turns off the automatic channel switching, and the user will
have to confirm the entry by pressing the "Ok" key.
KNOWN BUG - PLEASE HELP DEBUGGING:
Start VDR with only one FF DVB card and an attached CI with a CAM.
Switch to an encrypted channel for the first time, the channel is shown
in Transfer Mode. Wait for at least 10 seconds, so that VDR will mark
the CAM as "able to decrypt this channel".
Now switch to the same channel again (by selecting it from the Channels
menu or typing in its number), and the screen goes black. VDR is now
receiving the channel in normal live mode (no Transfer Mode).
Apparently there is a problem with switching to live mode after using
The problem goes away if you switch to a channel on a different transponder
and then back to the original one. Now it is shown even in normal live mode.
I did a lot of debugging to find out why this goes wrong, but was unable
to fix it. Maybe somebody out there can find out why this doesn't work.
More information about the vdr