[vdr] Safer diseqc setup ? Like in kaffeine ?

Gregoire Favre Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 14:57:47 CET 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 02:25:25PM +0100, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,

Hello again,

> Well, concerning the cables, my setup just misses the right 4 ones for
> the 28.2E LNB.

OK, I missunderstood, sorry.

> Do you really have QUAD LNBs? I have QUATTRO LNBs.

Yes I do.

> The difference is, that a QUATTRO LNB supplies the 4 bands (Horizontal
> Low, Vertical Low, Horizontal High and Vertical High) on specific ports
> on its own, while a QUAD LNB needs voltage and tone signalling on each
> port to decide which band it supplies to that port.
> Would you mind providing some links to documentation about your LNB and
> switch models?

Sure :
which point then to :

( http://www.radio-materiel.ch/scripts/rama/fiche.w?ref=BISAT-G3 )

> Maybe it has to do with the QUAD - QUATTRO issue, but let me first have
> a look into your documentation.

Well, it's pretty small docs... basically my quad lnb are exactly the
same as four lnb would be.

> Hhm, these settings only help in determining high/low band and the
> frequency to tune to. I first need to take a look into the code how
> kaffeine and xine-lib pass the information about the port to use to the
> DVB driver.

Thank you very much !
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org