[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.0
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Apr 13 16:47:09 CEST 2008
VDR developer version 1.7.0 is now available at
A 'diff' against the latest stable version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
This version switches to the "multiproto" driver and no longer works
with non-multiproto drivers. Hopefully there will soon be *one* driver
source that combines the latest "multiproto" version with Oliver Endriss'
"full ts mod" changes ;-).
Note that this version just implements basic DVB-S2 handling. There is
no support for H.264 etc. yet. This will come in later 1.7.x versions.
The changes since version 1.6.0:
- Re-implemented handling of DVB-S2, which first appeared in version 1.5.14, but was
revoked in version 1.5.15 in favor of making a stable version 1.6.0. VDR now
requires the "multiproto" DVB driver, e.g. from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto.
Note that the channels.conf file now supports additional parameters, so you may
want to make sure you have a backup of this file in case you need to go back to
the previous version of VDR!
- Fixed displaying transponder data when it is modified (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed handling the counter in detection of pre 1.3.19 PS data (thanks to Reinhard
- Improved logging system time changes to avoid problems on slow systems under
heavy load (suggested by Helmut Auer).
- Now setting the thread name, so that it can be seen in 'top -H' (thanks to Rolf
- Fixed initializing the timer's flags in the cTimer copy constructor (thanks to
- Fixed setting the OSD level in the 'osddemo' example (thanks to Wolfgang Rohdewald).
- Increased the time between checking the CAM status to 500ms to avoid problems
with some CAMs (reported by Arthur Konovalov).
More information about the vdr