[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-webvideo 0.1.0
antti.ajanki at iki.fi
Sun Feb 8 20:45:55 CET 2009
New version of the Webvideo plugin is available at
The Webvideo plugin is a tool for browsing and downloading videos from
popular video sharing websites, such as YouTube and Google video, using
VDR menu interface or a command line client. With the help of
xineliboutput plugin the videos can be played directly without
downloading them first.
Changes since the last version:
- The downloader backend is now a separate server process. The user
interface is no longer blocked while the plugin is waiting for a web
server to respond.
- Support for streaming
- A new command line client that has the same capabilities as the plugin
but can be used without VDR.
- Alternative URLs for videos. For example, Youtube module first tries
to download high quality version, and falls back to standard version
if high quality version is not available.
- Cleaning up of the XML menu scheme. New menu items: textfields, item
lists, query buttons.
- Status page that lists uncompleted downloads
- Updated YouTube, Google, and SVTPlay modules to work with the recent
changes on these sites
More information about the vdr