[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] tsplay-0.1 patch for VDR-1.6.0-2
udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Jun 14 16:39:42 CEST 2009
Since VDR-1.7.x introduced the TS recording format, the VDR recordings
world was split into PES and TS recordings. While VDR-1.7 can play both,
all VDR-1.7 recordings cannot be played by 'stable' VDR-1.6 systems any
more. In order to re-unite VDR-1.6 and VDR-1.7, I've back-ported parts
of VDR-1.7 to 1.6 to allow playback of TS recordings even on VDR-1.6
Facts in short:
- Plays back TS recordings in SD resolution
- HD recordings may work depending on output plugin
- Can edit TS recordings
- Records to old PES format, fully compatible to VDR-1.6.0
- No recording to TS possible, sorry.
- Supports >4GB and >255 files for TS recordings
- No frame rate support, assumes 25fps
- Implements TS device interface for output plugins
- Working TS to PES repacker
- Hybrid index file support. No conversion to/from old format as VDR-1.7
- EXPERIMENTAL! BE WARNED!
For convenience, there's a compatible version of the hard link cutter
patch and the jumpplay patch available. Since the impact of the patch is
quite big, other patches might break too.
More information about the vdr