[vdr] power consumption, powertop and wakups per second with a af9015 device, vp7045, and various plugins

Martin Emrich emme at emmes-world.de
Mon Mar 23 09:18:56 CET 2009

Heinrich Langos schrieb:

> I am pretty sure the Siemens stick doesn't filter PIDs. The easy way to
> find out about that is to look at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices
> and check if the device works with usb 1.1 or absolutely needs 2.0.

Hmm, I did't look at this page before. One more curious thing about my
af9015 USB device is that it seems to support USB 1.1 under Windows with
a special driver:

So I think it's just a question of the right firmware; the linux driver
does not support hardware PID filters (the driver says something like
"Found device in WARM state, disabling PID filter").