[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.10
gpsica at tin.it
Wed Nov 25 14:24:38 CET 2009
I've patched VDR to record the PCR pid in the TS stream because both my tv
set (Samsung B650) and Win7 refuses to play TS streams without PCR (some
channel have PCR pid different from Video pid).
Why the fix in this version doesn't include the necessary changes in
receiver.* and recorder.* to record the PCR pid in case it differs from
From: vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: domenica 22 novembre 2009 15.59
To: vdr at linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.10
VDR developer version 1.7.10 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Please remember that the VDR homepage has moved from
to http://tvdr.de, and the FTP site has moved from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr
ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr. Please update all links to these URLs.
The changes since version 1.7.9:
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed wrong bracketing in cChannel::SubtitlingType() etc.
(thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed not logging changes for channels that have no number
(reported by Timothy D. Lenz).
- Changed the project's URLs and email to tvdr.de.
- Added Lithuanian language translations (thanks to Valdemaras Pipiras).
- Updated Chinese language texts (thanks to Nan Feng).
- Only checking DVB_API_VERSION to be >=5 in order to stay compileable in
the DVB API version number is increased (the API claims to always be
- Fixed saving terminal settings when running in background (thanks to
- Fixed cFrameDetector::Analyze() to handle video streams where the frame
is not detectable from the first TS packet of a frame.
- Fixed writing the PCR pid into the PMT in cPatPmtGenerator::GeneratePmt()
(reported by Rene van den Braken).
- Added Slovakian language texts (thanks to Milan Hrala).
- Fixed EntriesOnSameFileSystem() to avoid using f_fsid, which may be 0
to Frank Schmirler).
- Fixed starting a recording at an I-frame.
- Fixed generating the index for recordings from channels that put a whole
GOP into one payload unit.
- The index file for TS recordings is now regenerated on-the-fly if a
recording is replayed that has no index. This can also be used to
re-create a broken index file by manually deleting the index file and then
replaying the recording (at least until the index file has been
- The cRingBufferLinear::Read() function now returns -1 and sets errno to
EAGAIN if the buffer is already full.
- Fixed handling DVB subtitles for PES recordings (thanks to Rolf
- Added the audio id to the call of PlayAudio() in cDevice::PlayTsAudio()
(thanks to Andreas Schaefers).
- Fixed references to old *.vdr file names in MANUAL (reported by Arthur
- Reverted "Removed limitation to PAL resolution from SPU handling" because
cause nothing but trouble. Besides, the core VDR doesn't use this, anyway.
- Fixed the default value for "Pause key handling" in the MANUAL (reported
vdr mailing list
vdr at linuxtv.org
More information about the vdr