[vdr] OT: HDMI-CEC control (was: Using some mediaplayer as set top box player for VDR)

Peer Oliver Schmidt pos at theinternet.de
Thu Dec 15 20:32:00 CET 2011

On 12/08/2011 12:01 AM, Petric Frank wrote:
> Hello,
[..]
> [dream on]
> If this box supports HDMI-CEC to use the remote control of the TV set to
> manage the VDR system ...
> [dream off]

I am not too sure, you really want HDMI CEC control. Look at the power
consumption of a lot of device when you turn on HDMI CEC control. I do
know of Denon and Onkyo receivers who go from <1W standby to 50W
standby, when you enabled HDMI-CEC (or LAN control)
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA