[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.30
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Mon Sep 10 16:05:25 CEST 2012
VDR developer version 1.7.30 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The default skin "LCARS" displays the signal strengths and qualities of
all devices in its main menu. For devices that have an stb0899 frontend chip
(like the TT-budget S2-3200) retrieving this information from the driver is
rather slow, which results in a sluggish response to user input in the main
menu. To speed this up you may want to apply the patches from
to the LinuxDVB driver source.
The changes since version 1.7.29:
- Fixed sorting recordings in the top level video directory.
- Fixed handling control characters in SI data in case of UTF-8 encoded strings
(thanks to Mehdi Karamnejad for reporting a problem with garbled UTF-8 EPG data
and helping to debug it).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- When checking whether a video directory is empty, file names that start with a
dot ('.') are now ignored and will be implicitly removed if the directory contains
no other files. This fixes the leftover ".sort" files that were introduced in
- Added IsUpdate() to the EPG handler interface (thanks to Jörg Wendel).
- Fixed detecting transfer mode on full featured DVB cards (thanks to Stefan Huelswitt
for reporting a problem with updating CA descriptors in such cases).
- Fixed a race condition when zapping in transfer mode (reported by Reinhard Nissl).
This involves a slight change in the semantics of the cReceiver::Activate() function,
which is now called with 'false' *after* the receiver has been detached from the
- The new function cDevice::ReadFilter() can be used by devices to implement their
own way of retrieving section filter data (thanks to Deti Fliegl).
- The new function cDevice::HasInternalCam() can be implemented by devices that
provide encrypted channels in an already decrypted form, without requiring explicit
handling of a CAM (thanks to Tobias Grimm).
- VDR can now be built according to the FHS ("File system Hierarchy Standard") by
activating the line
#USEFHS = 1
in a copy of the file Make.config.template (thanks to Dennis Bendlin, as well as
Christopher Reimer and Udo Richter for contributing to the patch).
- By default (without FHS support) the config directory is now set to the value
given in the -v option if only -v and no -c is given.
- Fixed a long delay at the end when replaying a recording that has stopped recording
less than an hour ago (typically time shift mode or a freshly edited recording).
- Fixed getting the file size and number of frames of ongoing recordings (only the
timestamp of the recording's directory was checked, while it should have been that
of the index file).
- Fixed sluggish response when manipulating editing marks while a cutting thread
is running (reported by Torsten Lang).
- The new setup options "OSD/Color key " can be used to adjust the sequence
of the color buttons displayed in the menus to that of the color keys on your
remote control (based on a patch from Oliver Schinagl).
Authors of plugins that implement skins may want to adapt their SetButtons()
function in order to make use of this new feature. See, for instance, the function
cSkinClassicDisplayMenu::SetButtons() in skinclassic.c for details.
More information about the vdr