[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 2.3.7
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Jun 11 13:31:20 UTC 2017
VDR developer version 2.3.7 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.3.6:
- Fixed false positives when checking the locking sequence, in case of nested locks
within the same thread.
- Fixed uninitialized variable SdWatchdog in vdr.c (reported by Frank Neumann).
- Fixed the locking sequence when starting an instant recording.
- Fixed L(ock) and U(nlock) indicators in cStateLockLog.
- Increased SLL_LENGTH in thread.c to better handle long caller lines, and enclosed
logCaller with DEBUG_LOCKCALL to preserve memory in normal operation.
- Fixed a typo in CAMMENURETYTIMEOUT and added logging CAM enquiries.
- The new configuration file 'camresponses.conf' can be used to define automatic
responses to CAM menus, for instance to avoid annyoing popup messages or entering
the parental rating PIN. See vdr.5 for details.
- The option "Setup/Miscellaneous/Show channel names with source" can now be set to
"type" or "full" to show either the type or the full name of the source (thanks to
- The "Channels" menu now indicates whether a channel is encrypted ('X') or a radio
channel ('R') (thanks to Martin Wache).
- Changed ##Lock to ##_Lock in the DEF_LIST_LOCK and USE_LIST_LOCK macros defined
in tools.h, so that there is no cSchedulesLock any more. The epgsearch plugin still
had an abandoned member of class cSchedulesLock, which, as a side effect, caused an
invalid lock sequence to be flagged (reported by Johann Friedrichs). In order to
have the compiler report such things, these macros have been changed.
- Introduced the new macro DISABLE_TEMPLATES_COLLIDING_WITH_STL, which can be defined
before including tools.h in case some plugin needs to use the STL and gets error
messages regarding one of the template functions defined in tools.h.
More information about the vdr