[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 2.3.8
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Fri Jun 30 12:40:02 UTC 2017
VDR developer version 2.3.8 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Note: This is a "holiday release" ;-)
----- I'm going on vacation and just wanted to make the current source
available before that. There will be at least one more developer version
before the final stable version 2.4.0.
The changes since version 2.3.7:
- Updated links in the INSTALL file (thanks to Chris Mayo).
- Fixed detecting whether a CAM replies to queries, which didn't work on some systems
since the implementation of RI_HOST_CONTROL (reported by Daniel Scheller).
- Added some missing locks when calling functions from cStatus or cSkin*, and added
some text to status.h and skins.h, explaining the locking situation when such
functions are called.
- Fixed a possible crash in cStateLockLog.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Now skipping a leading '/' in AddDirectory(), to avoid double slashes (reported by
- Fixed drawing very long menu titles in the LCARS skin (reported by Matthias Senzel).
- Timers are now linked to EPG events even if they are inactive. By default Events that
are linked to inactive timers are marked with 'I' and 'i', depending on whether the
timer would record the entire Event or only part of it.
The function cSkinDisplayMenu::SetItemEvent() now has an additional parameter named
TimerActive, which indicates whether the timer that would record this event (if any)
is active. A plugin may react on this when displaying a menu line for an event.
The old version of cSkinDisplayMenu::SetItemEvent() (without the TimerActive parameter)
is still there for backwards compatibility. It may be removed in a future version,
so plugin authors should switch to the new one.
- Now using readdir() instead of readdir_r(), if GLIBC version 2.24 or newer is used
(suggested by Frank Neumann).
- Added a note to the log, indicating that no further invalid lock sequences will be
reported until VDR is restarted.
- Whenever a change is made to the recordings in the video directory, the SVDRP command
UPDR is now sent to all peer VDRs, so that they will update their recordings list.
This is especially useful if one VDR mounts the video directory of an other one into
- SVDRP peering can now be limited to the default SVDRP host (see MANUAL for details).
More information about the vdr