[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 2.3.5
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Thu May 25 09:15:26 UTC 2017
VDR developer version 2.3.5 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.3.4:
- CAMs are now sent a generated EIT packet that contains a single 'present event' for
the current SID, in order to avoid any parental rating dialogs.
- Fixed handling UNC values (the shift operator behaves unexpected for shift values
larger than the size of the variable).
- Log messages about switching channels now include the channel ID (suggested by
- Events in the EIT that end before the EPG linger time are now ignored in the incoming
data stream, because they would just be deleted in the next schedules cleanup anyway.
- The constructor of cHash (via cHashBase) now has an additional parameter (OwnObjects)
which, if set to true, makes the hash take ownership of the hashed objects, so that
they are deleted when the hash is cleared or destroyed.
- Fixed a memory leak in cSectionSyncerHash. The cSectionSyncerEntry objects put into
the hash were never explicitly deleted. Now the cSectionSyncerHash takes ownership of
- cListObject now implements a private copy constructor and assignment operator, to keep
derived objects from calling them implicitly.
- When selecting a device/CAM combination for live viewing, CAMs that are known to decrypt
the requested channel are now given a higher priority than prefering the primary device
(reported by Christian Winkler).
- Changed the default return value of cEpgHandler::BeginSegmentTransfer() to true, to
avoid problems with derived classes that don't implement this function (reported by
- Fixed selecting delivery system names in case of undefined indexes (thanks to Jasmin
- Changed the legacy delivery system name "DMBTH" to "DTMB", and added names for
DVBC_ANNEX_C and DVBC2.
- Added a Status parameter to the interface of cDevice::SignalStats() and
cDvbDevice::SignalStats() (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed handling line numbers in error messages when reading EPG data.
- Added handling RI_HOST_CONTROL to the CI protocol (no actual processing, but its
presence is required by some CAMs).
- Fixed a crash in case the bottom text of a CAM menu is empty.
- Extended the CI API to allow plugins to implement additional CAM resources.
- Fixed a race between SVDRP CHAN and cDevice::HasProgramme() (reported by Dietmar
- Reduced the time before a CAM is marked as known to decrypt a particular channel to
- When the connection to a peer VDR is terminated, any remote timers of that peer
are no longer shown on the local VDR.
- No longer setting a new timer's remote host name if "SVDRP peering" is turned off.
- Fixed a double deletion of a cTimer in case HandleRemoteModifications() returned
false (thanks to Johann Friedrichs).
- Removed TsGetContinuityCounter() from remux.h, using TsContinuityCounter() instead.
- Fixed setting the local machine's SVDRP host name (was overwritten if setup.conf
contained an empty string). The SVDRP host name is now only written to setup.conf
if it differs from the system's host name.
- If the Channel+/- keys are pressed while in the Schedules menu, the menu is now
switched to the EPG of the new current channel.
- The Makefiles have been modified so that during the build process they no longer
display the actual (lengthy) commands, but rather just the name of the file that
is being built, as in
The first two characters indicate the kind of operation (CC=compile, LD=link,
AR=archive, MO=msgfmt, GT=xgettext, PO=msgmerge, IN=install).
This way it is much easier to spot error messages and warnings, since they are not
buried under tons of text.
Plugin authors should modify their makefiles accordingly, by simply preceeding
the respective commands with an '@' and inserting '@echo XX $@' (where XX is one
of the character combinations listed above) before the command.
The newplugin script has also been modified accordingly.
- Fixed detecting the inclusion of STL header files in tools.h (thanks to Jasmin
More information about the vdr