Archived:How to write good problem report
Good problem report should include
0. Note that you are using V4L CVS.
1. Name of card
2. lspci -vn
3. Dmesg log of module tuning and probing. It also nice to add audio_debug options to modules, tuner_debug option to tuner module and debug option to tda9887
4. Television standard for your country.
5. Exact sequence of actions that causes your problem.
6. Generally, "your problem" is a combination of an app and a driver. Also generally, the problem only exists in one of those, but it isn't always easy to tell where. A big help is to check each part with various tools in the Test_Suite.