KWorld UB435-Q USB ATSC TV stick
KWorld appears to have exited the TV tuner business some time in 2016. This was their last ATSC model being sold.
There are 3 versions of this device - each has a different VID:UID:
- 1b80:a340 no version indicator - supported under Linux as of Kernel 2.6.3
- 1b80:e346 is supported in kernel since 3.13
- 1b80:e34c add V3 to name - supported under Linux as of Kernel 3.16.??
The U-shaped clear plastic covering the USB-end of the stick (visible in the image above) interferes with the USB plug and makes it difficult to form a firm connection into a USB socket. For a solid connection this should be removed or sanded down.
As the stick is known to run somewhat warm, removing it, or the entire case, may be worthwhile.
Original version Overview/Features
- High speed USB2.0 Plug-and-Play interface for PC or Laptop.
- USB 2.0 Bus-powered (No power adaptor required).
- Supports up to 1920x1080i (HDTV).
- Supports Digital TV (ATSC 8VSB) and Digital Cable TV (unencrypted QAM).
- Dolby Digital AC3 Audio Output.
- NXP TDA18271HD/C2 tuner
- LG LGDT3304 digital demodulator
- Empia EM2870 USB bridge
USB ID from Output of lsusb: 1b80:a340
UB435-Q V3 Overview/Features
- NXP 18272/M tuner
- LG LGDT3305 digital demodulator (neatly stamped "7th Generation VSB/QAM Receiver")
- Empia EM2874B USB bridge
Looks like original version. Label on back with UPC code has V3 added to name.
USB ID from Output of lsusb: 1b80:e34c
[ 174.897318] Linux video capture interface: v2.00 [ 174.900987] em28xx: New device USB 2875 Device @ 480 Mbps (1b80:e34c, interface 0, class 0) [ 174.900990] em28xx: DVB interface 0 found: bulk [ 174.901043] em28xx: chip ID is em2874 [ 175.387994] em2874 #0: EEPROM ID = 26 00 01 00, EEPROM hash = 0x5d3e97ab [ 175.387999] em2874 #0: EEPROM info: [ 175.388002] em2874 #0: microcode start address = 0x0004, boot configuration = 0x01 [ 175.410783] em2874 #0: AC97 audio (5 sample rates) [ 175.410787] em2874 #0: 500mA max power [ 175.410790] em2874 #0: Table at offset 0x24, strings=0x206a, 0x048a, 0x0000 [ 175.410936] em2874 #0: Identified as KWorld USB ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q V3 (card=93) [ 175.410938] em2874 #0: dvb set to bulk mode. [ 175.410964] usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx [ 175.413555] em2874 #0: Binding DVB extension [ 175.422065] i2c i2c-10: tda18212: NXP TDA18212HN successfully identified [ 175.422071] DVB: registering new adapter (em2874 #0) [ 175.422077] usb 2-1: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (LG Electronics LGDT3305 VSB/QAM Frontend)... [ 175.423590] em2874 #0: DVB extension successfully initialized [ 175.423594] em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension