If you find a bug please report it on:
Please include as much relevant information as possible to help diagnosis the problem. For example, a good problem report should include:
- identification of the device with which your having difficulty
- the output of lspci -vnn (for PCI/PCIe devices) or lsusb -v
- the environment your running it under (e.g. Fedora 10, with kernel 184.108.40.206, 64-bit), and with what other hardware (e.g. ASUS Core 2 Duo motherboard)
- a note of whether you're using the built in kernel drivers supplied by your distro or if you have installed the v4l-dvb driver set
- the relevant portions of your dmesg log showing module probing and/or tuning (if applicable). It also nice to add module debug options (for example: audio_debug, tuner_debug, tda9887 debug etc etc) for the driver module in question, and then provide the dmesg output.
- cite the television standard applicable for your device (e.g. ATSC tuner card, PAL capture card)
- Exact sequence of actions that causes your problem. If it is possible, try to provide a simple reproducible test case, as this makes it much easier to track down the actual problem.
Generally, "your problem" will likely be related to a driver, an app, or a combination of the two. It isn't always easy to tell where the exact problem lies. A big help is to check each part with various tools (for example, with analogue devices, you can try those in the V4L Test Suite).
Lastly, if you have an idea how to fix this bug please include the Bugfix in your email message!