The CX23102 has all the features that other chips in the family share. The CX23100/1 are cut-down versions of this chip.
- USB 1.1/2.0 support
- Video broadcast formats:NTSC/PAL/SECAM
- Audio broadcast formats:BTSC/EIAJ/A2/NICAM/AM
- 24 GPIO pins
- 3 I2c master busses
- Stereo Analog Audio
- Two Chroma/One PrPb/One SIF
- Four CVBS/Luma Inputs
- Serial Transport stream
- Parallel/Serial Transport stream
- I2S 16/24 bit 32/44.1/48kHz
- Audio Master Clock
Feature comparision chart
According to Conexant product brief, there are following differences between versions of chipset
|USB interface||✔ Yes||✘ No||✔ Yes|
|Broadcast Audio/Video||✘ No||✔ Yes||✔ Yes|
|Integrated Analog IF Demodulator||✘ No||✔ Yes||✔ Yes|
|Transport Stream Interface||✔ Yes||✘ No||✔ Yes|
The CX2310x series of chips is supported in Linux through the cx231xx driver. There are two reference designs by Conexant that are explicity named in the driver. All other cards are listed as 'unknown'
- Elgato Video Capture V2 - this board works with the cx231xx driver, using a patch sent to linux-media mailing list on 28/11-2012. Note that Elgato Video Capture V1 uses Em28xx_devices driver.
- PixelView Xcapture USB
- EzCAP USB Video Capture Pro