Hauppauge DEC2000-T USB
Linux driver exists, Audio and Video work.
Card can only deliver a partial/modified TS stream to userspace. Card has an onboard hardware video+audio decoder. card driver: ttusb-dec interface: USB1.1 USB device id: 0b48:1008 Notes: These cards have the frontend hidden behind a USB interface
It will not work with VDR as a primary device because it does not have a hardware MPEG-2 decoder. It can be used with soft-device, streaming or xine or as secondary device.
The DEC is a set-top boxes equipped with a USB port and can be used without a PC. The TV-Out can't be used for PC output.
The following drivers are needed for this device:
- ttusbdecfe.ko - ttusb_dec.ko
|Device / Model||Type||Hardware||Firmware||URL / Pictures|
|Comments & quirks|
|Hauppauge DEC2000-T USB (DVB-T)||USB1.1||DEC-specific||dvb-ttusb-dec-2000t.fw|||
- Follow the instructions in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/Documentation/dvb/.
- Use v1.26 of the firmware. Look on archive.org and use zip -F after download if necessary. The most recent version (1.28a?) did not work for me.
- Install dvb-utils
- Playback and channel changing (via the playlist) is possible with gxine.
- Set up the channels with
scan -o zap /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/<country>-<region> > ~/.xine/channels.conf
- I've had problems with the picture not displaying, but that could be a driver problem.
- You can record programs with
tzap "Channel id" -r & cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > "Programme.mpeg" &