Hauppauge DEC2000-T USB
Linux driver exists, Audio and Video work. Section tables too?
The device is USB 1.1.
It will not work with VDR as a primary device because it does not have a hardware MPEG2 decoder. It can be used with softdevice, streaming or xine or as secondary device.
- Follow the instructions in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8/Documentation/dvb/.
- Use v1.26 of the firmware. Look on archive.org and use zip -F after download if necessary. The most recent version (1.28a?) did not work for me.
- Install dvb-utils
- Playback and channel changing (via the playlist) is possible with gxine.
- Set up the channels with
scan -o zap /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/<country>-<region> > ~/.xine/channels.conf
- I've had problems with the picture not displaying, but that could be a driver problem.
- You can record programs with
tzap "Channel id" -r & cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > "Programme.mpeg" &