LifeView FlyTV Platinum
LifeView's FlyTV Platinum cards have the Phillips SAA7135 chip with a global tuner that supports the NTSC, PAL BG/DK/I, and SECAM LL' video standards. Audio support includes NiCAM, A2, BTSC/MTS, and EIA-J.
There are several variants. These have the tda8275 and tda8290 tuner chips:
- the FlyTV Low Profile FM card (shown in picture)
- the FlyTV Platinum35 FM full size card (there's also a non-FM variant)
- the FlyTV Platinum Mini is shipped with a number of laptops
Support under Linux appears to be good, thanks to patches submitted by Peter Misses to the 2.6.12 kernel.
The more recent laptop version has a different tuner (add details here if you have them):
- the FlyTV Platinum Mini2
This card is also supported.
The information in this page has been gleaned from the bttv gallery.
- The FlyTV Platinum Low Profile FM card is part number 701030455530, as shown on the back sticker, PCB LR304, subsystem 5168:0304, available for instance from HP. The card includes the mdt2005es-g and 4052bt chips.
- The FlyTV Platinum Gold is part number 701030452510. It also appears to be low profile.
- The full-size FlyTV Platinum35 FM card is part number 701021405530, PCB LR214WF, subsystem: 5168:0214. The card includes the SA630D (switch to bring TV or FM Radio into tuner), mdt2005, and hef4052 chips. The non-FM variant is part number 701021401060.
- The FlyTV Platinum Mini is part number 701021405530, PCB LR212 or LR315, subsystem 5168:1212. Available only built into laptops; see LifeView's ad.
If you have a variant, please add your information here.
The FlyTV Platinum LP FM card should be autodetected as number 54 in the saa7134 cardlist:
saa7133: subsystem: 5168:0304, board: LifeView FlyTV Platinum FM / Gold [card=54,autodetected] saa7133: board init: gpio is 31400
The FlyTV Platinum35 FM card should also be autodetected as number 54 in the saa7134 cardlist:
saa7133: subsystem: 5168:0214, board: LifeView FlyTV Platinum FM [card=54,autodetected] saa7133: board init: gpio is 31c00 . tuner 0-004b: tuner: type set to tda8290+75
The FlyTV Platinum Mini card should also be autodetected as number 54 in the saa7134 cardlist:
saa7133: subsystem: 5168:0212, board: LifeView FlyTV Platinum Mini [card=54,autodetected] saa7133: board init: gpio is 10400
The LifeView FlyTV Platinum Mini2 should be autodetected as card 74 in the saa7134 cardlist (details missing).
For further instructions, see FlyVideo3000FM NTSC and links.